Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring in Colorado?


So, here goes. I've been wanting to blog for a while now and am finally managed to drag Cody in with me.

It's March, and what's more, it's Spring Break... well technically that starts tomorrow, but same thing. I grew up in Texas, and when Spring Break hits, it's actually spring. Not that I'm complaining. We have had a very mild winter (to Cody's dismay), and the past few weeks have been very nice; however, it is cold yet again and they are forecasting snow showers. I'm ready for the flowers and the leaves to pop out again. I ready to wear my sandals to the store and not worry about whether or not I need a jacket when I go outside. I'm ready to see if I can actually get a tan for the first time in 10 years. Hopefully spring will come soon.

4 comments:

  1. So, Do you....... Do you both shoot at each other and try to blow each other up because you were both hired hitmen/hitwomen to off each other in a grandiose battle royal with the subplot of world domination by the Federation of Mad Scientists who are using the intense fighting action between the both of you as a distraction for the local Coloradoan government so they can rule Ft. Collins ONCE AND FOR ALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long answer...Yes. I wanted to name it Schmidty Days to reference toilet humor that the Smith alternative sounds like, but she did not go for that. As a result, we picked up guns and haven't looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of a story... When I was training for my short-lived job at Home Depot I had to do some off-site training. In training class there were people of all walks of life; this was Home Depot after all. Everyone in the class (about 40 people) had to introduce themselves and say something about them. So everyone stands up, says who they are, and says something that they like (skateboarding, basket weaving, etc.) We get to this thugged out white dude who is 2 kool 4 skool. He stands up and says, "My name is Trevor and I like Guns and Money." The entire class blew up with laughter but most people were trying to hide it because they were afraid that he would pull out one of those guns he likes so much. I couldn't stop laughing and even after all the commotion subsided I still could not stop laughing until the 2 day training session ended. Trevor didn't show up the second day and the trainer made a joke about it. Quality, quality laughter.

    Sorry, that was long but I just thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading this while pootie tang is on! SA DA TEY!!! That is the king of stories dude!

    ReplyDelete